Monday, June 11, 2007

Tomorrow's Dog Walking Outfit



Well, I don't have anywhere else to go so why not? ;-) And, yes, I was being goofy in the middle pose. As Angie pointed out yesterday, it's a bit weird taking photos of oneself in the mirror while juggling camera, dodging dogs playing tug-o-war with fabric scraps they steal from my trashcan, and trying to stay in the shot (OK, those are my distractions not Angie's) and yet still come up with something I'm willing to park on the internet for the entire world to see. Not that I think the entire world is reading this, but you know what I mean.

Here's a close-up of the sleeve. The top of the sleeve is gathered a lot more than the bottom. It makes a nice shape, I think. I like the narrow hem band too. I'll definitely be using this sleeve again.



I'm still really digging these skirts. Our summer heat and humidity are finally here for the duration and a Florida girl needs all the updrafts she can get. ;-)

Oh, and to Claire … Yes, I agree about the turquoise but I didn't have anything this exact shade. That was part of my analysis paralysis, and I finally decided to just go with the brown.

21 comments:

  1. I like the outfit but I really love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the entire outfit. You will be looking so fine walking the dogs. Great job on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's what I call Dog Walking with Style and Sass! You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    You will be the best dressed dog walker out there. Very nice outfit (as all your outfits are).
    Donna Wicks
    Edmonton, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit turned out great. I really like the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbbie,
    I really like your new outfit, it's absolutely gorgeous. Especially the print of the top is so nice, that it should be worn every day and the skirt is also a really winner. It's one of the patterns, that have to become a wardrobe staple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! I really like it. There is something very girly about it, yet practical at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say, I like the shorter sleeve length.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, can you take up sewing clothing for me too?! (Yeah, I know you have all the time in the world!) That is just a gorgeous outfit. The color combo is perfect and so the "in" thing right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I like your new outfit. I love every one of your TNT skirt, it suits you so well. I agree, the updraughts make summer more bearable !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! You did such a nice job drafting and sewing this top! I love the way the sleeves turned out, really flattering! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, another very nice outfit...you just keep churning them out! The sleeves are especially cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the outfit! Should be most definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! When you get over your analysis paralysis you get great things done! Good job, it looks great and hopefully your dogs won't slime you up in 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey another cute top! Talk about walking the dogs in style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well that is darling, and looks way better on you than on the form.
    You'll be the hit of the dog walking park.
    I really like the color combo too. Works!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so talented. Love this outfit! The colors are great together and the sleeves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The outfit is lovely Debbie. I think your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am 100 percent in love with this shirt. The fabric is amazing. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this top! You seem to have made a lot of nice tops lately. I love your choices of fabrics too.

    What's the dog going to wear?

    ReplyDelete
  21. where do you find such lovely fabric??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.